So, if you know why my blog is now titled One Quarter of the Way to Menopause, then you know that I have been enjoying tampon free days now for like nearly 5 months– until this past weekend. So, I guess now I will have to call this blog one year until menopause since I just reset that clock. In some ways it was a relief, since it feels like I have been having PMS for at least 5 weeks. If I had become any more bloated, I was going to have to purchase some maternity clothing.
Now, when you think that your period is gone for good, don’t get too awfully excited, because apparently if it comes back, you might feel like you should have been building an ark. So, now I am 5 days into this unexpected period from hell which also came along with a sore throat and an impending blue moon during the first week of back to school. Isn’t that special?
I backed off the hormone creams at least for the week in case they confounded my body and caused this flood. I am 3 weeks into them and here is what I have:
- I have slept better
- I started my period again
- I have experienced increased libido
- I have not lost any weight
- I have been walking and running 5-10 miles a week
- I have actually gained 4 pounds
- I am continually bloated to the point of distraction and despair [wtf]
- I have been calmer and less lethal mood-wise
- my hair shed has decreased
- I have experienced a shoe crisis
- I am a tiny bit less scattered
- I do not have significantly more energy
I am also now taking the vitamin D mega dose, a multi vitamin with probiotics, saw palmetto [that’s a whole other story], cinnamon with chromium picolinate, and Diflucan
I am about to abort the Diflucan because it might be what has made me feel like total &*^( this week and made my throat feel like I swallowed razors [that stuff is freaking toxic].
I have not begun the LDN yet, which again, is a whole other narrative which I will tackle when I am not exhausted.
I am about to finish this cup of Holy Basil tea and go to bed.